A training ground is an area where professional association football teams prepare for matches, with activities primarily concentrating on skills and fitness. Training grounds also sometimes form part of 'football academies'. They are usually separate from a team's main ground.
Teams use training grounds to avoid harming the quality of the main pitch before match day. However, teams usually train on the day before a European away game, inside the opposing team's stadium, both for the benefit of the media and to become familiar with the surface.
There have been several high profile incidents, at training grounds, where players have been injured in disputes between team-mates.
List of training grounds
* Carrington - Manchester United F.C.
* Melwood - Liverpool F.C.
* Academy of Light - Sunderland A.F.C.
* Juventus Center - Juventus F.C.
* Angelo Moratti Sports Centre - F.C. Internazionale Milano
* Ciudad Real Madrid - Real Madrid C.F.
* Murray Park - Rangers F.C.
* Lennoxtown - Celtic F.C.
* Metin Oktay Tesisleri - Galatasaray S.K.