Kevin Douglas Kline was born in Washington, D.C. on July 11, 1975. He spent a majority of his twenties and early thirties living between Washington D.C. and Nashville, New York, Atlanta and Los Angeles, writing music for television and film productions, as well as performing locally and touring all over the world solo, with his own band, and occasionally with other notable artists such as Ben Folds Five, Kool & the Gang, the band Chicago, the Commodores, She-Daisy, Kenny Rogers, The Jonas Brothers, Jimmy Coup, etc...
After returning home to the Washington D.C. area in 2006, Kevin became involved in his local politics scene. First by accepting an appointment as an Elections Judge with the Town of Morningside and then accepting a position with the Morningside Police Department as the towns only Code Enforcement Officer. In May 2011, Kevin Kline was overwhelmingly elected to a city council seat in Morningside, Maryland; an incorporated town just south and adjacent to Washington, D.C.. Kevin quickly began to get the attention of the DC politics scene as a positive and independent, yet forward thinking politician. His first initiative was the formation of the Morningside Beautification Committee in an effort to directly involve the citizens in the revitalization of the common areas throughout the town, including the main thoroughfares which are consistently used by many of the dignitaries arriving at Joint Base Andrews.
The Town of Morningside, located in Prince George's County Maryland, is known as the "Gateway to the Nation's Capital", as all its roads and thoroughfares are commonly used by the President of the United States, Vice-President, Kings, Queens and foreign dignitaries on their travels to and from Joint Base Andrews to the White House and downtown Washington, D.C. The Main Gate of Joint Base Andrews, (formally known as Andrews Air Force Base) is on the town's main streets.
Current policy & Government responsibilities
*Government Liaison and Chief Supervisor to the city's Department of Public Works.
*Government Liaison and Editor in Chief of the city's "Morningside Sun" Newsletter.
*Chairperson, Town of Morningside Beautification Committee.
*Government Liaison and Oversight to Police Department Code Enforcement Division. (Temporary Assignment)
* Voted in favor of 2012 Fiscal year budget to decrease property taxes by 3.5% and eliminate the Recycling Fee Tax.
* Voted in favor of bill for installation of Mechanical Speed Cameras Devices throughout City School Zones.
* 2011 Civilian of the Year Award, Prince George's County Police Chief's Association.
* 2011 Civilian of the Year Award, Morningside Police Department.
* Wrote and petitioned Emergency City Ordinance for "Public Nuisance" Abandoned & Foreclosed Home Initiative (passed May 2010)
Music Career & Discography
In July of '99, Kevin decided to take his love of music and turn it into a full time job. Playing solo, with his band, or along side several nationally known artists, Kevin has performed and brought his music to people all over the world. He has also lent his multiple talents to over 20 commercially released albums and has been heard on many commercial radio and television spots.
Kevin had called New York City, Nashville, TN, Atlanta, GA and Los Angeles, CA his temporary homes while devoting over 12 years of his life working in the music and entertainment industry. He has been a voting member of the Grammy's for over a decade and has won several songwriting and performance awards throughout his career.
Kevin Kline Original Album Releases:
* Kevin Kline, Kevin Kline (Release Date November 1999, Boy in a Box Music & Publishing)
* Live from West Street, Kevin Kline (Release Date April 2001, Boy in a Box Music & Publishing)
* America, Kevin Kline (Release Date November 2009, Boy in a Box Music & Publishing)
* Okay, Kevin Kline (Release Date January 2010, Boy in a Box Music & Publishing)
Kevin Kline Notable Venue Performances:</big>
* The Bitter End, New York, NY (First Kevin Kline solo performance, November 8, 1999)
* The TRUMP Taj-Mahal, Atlantic City, NJ (Performed over 250 shows from June 2000-December 2004 and was the last entertainer to perform a show at the Princess Venue)
* Ramshead OnStage, Annapolis, MD (5 Consecutive sellouts and first public appearance with the New York Horns)
* The Bluebird Cafe, Nashville, TN (First solo/songwriter Round Table performance. March 2000)
* The Hard Rock Cafe, Baltimore, MD (Last official Kevin Kline Band performance. November 2008)
Membership organizations & supported causes
* Sons of the American Legion - Detachment, MD Post #206
* The Pearl Harbor Memorial Fund, Pearl Harbor, Hawaii
* National Academy of Recording Arts & Sciences (The Grammy's) - Voting Member since 1999
* Broadcast Music Inc. - Member since 1999
* NSAI, Nashville Songwriters Association International
* SAW Songwriter's Association of Washington
* Special Olympics Maryland
* Christmas in April, Prince George's County